Saturday, November 13, 2004

Too much!

I just got back from an amazing performance one of my best friends was in. It was a performance studies show which meant a lot of obtruse symbolism and crazy action sequences (I know, that really doesn't do it justice...) The amount of caffeine imbibed in this play was also amazing. It was an adaptation of Antigone and I would recommend you go see it except for the sad fact that tonight was the last performance.
I went to yoga this morning. It is a wonderful thing. Erica said she can see me as a yoga master/instructor. That made me feel special :-) It will be a good day job some day when I am good enough to actually make a living doing that.
This afternoon was Wintertime rehearsal. If you like amazing plays, I definately suggest you go read some of Charles Mee's works. They are found at www.charlesmee.org. He wrote the play I'm stage managing (Wintertime) and has an amazing grasp on human relationships and the absurd things that happen in them. He's also really good at demonstrating catharsis. I love the fact that we have a "Door Slamming" scene.
For those of you who live far away and who I haven't had a lot of time to talk to lately, I haven't been able to talk lately because of this play. It consumes my time. I am at the theater over 40 hours a week doing stuff for the show or for class. Then there is my part time job. Oh yeah, and classes. Anyways, I love what I'm doing despite the busyness. The cast makes me laugh and the director and I have a good relationship. Even if I'm having a bad day, they manage to make me happy. I am the unofficial "laugh-o-meter." If I laugh, chances are it might be funny so we should leave it in for the time being. My laugh is what is listened for, apparently, when people try new things in rehearsal. I think that's flattering? I've become kind of selfconscious, though, about how loud and distinctive my laugh is...

Well, I'm off to start writing my philosophy of religion paper. It is due in a couple days and I haven't even finished reading the book I'm using to argue about...stuff... Obviously I need to figure out what that "stuff" is.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home