Tuesday, October 18, 2005

sleepy. very very sleepy

I have to perform in Acting at the crack of dawn (aka 8:30am...) so I'm going to keep this brief.

I just want to affirm how wonderful and amazing alternative medicine can be. Or I hope will be. I had a rough day because I accidently missed my physical therapy appointment. However, I got a name from someone I trust a great deal for a chiropractor who also does acupuncture. Just making an appointment with that doctor is making me feel like there is an end in sight. In addition, my dear condo-mate, Erica, told me to go to yoga tonight because it would make me feel better. And as always, she was absolutely right and I am feeling relaxed although still in a little pain. The more important part is that yoga doesn't just work on the body; yoga can affect your spirit and heart as well if you let it. Yoga has always been spiritual for me because I find peace in the movements and meditation. Tonight Joyce did an amazing walking meditation with us based on one she did with Thicht That Nan (probably misspelled that name...sorry!). Just the fact that she was in the same room with him is amazing (he wrote one of my favorite books, Living Buddha, Living Christ). But the meditation was very simple. We kept a soft focus and on the inhalations and exhalations, placed one foot slowly to the ground in front of us, heel first, and when it was fully connected to the ground, we moved the
next foot. On each step, she said to think of something simple to meditate on. Her examples were ""I am calm" and "I am smiling." For mine I chose "I am well." Even though it is not quite true, just meditating on the possibility of being well is amazing.
Anyways, I need to get to sleep but I highly recommend trying the walking mediation sometime. Just put on some relaxing music, clear an area in your room, turn the lights down, and just pick something to walk to. It's a great way to calm down after a long, hard, exhausting day.and

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home