Friday, November 18, 2005

Oh dear...

I think I have left my blogging behind for so long I probably have lost all my readers! Oh well, I will write anyways. I don't need an audience necessarily.

A lot has happened since I last updated. I'll write about a few of the bigger things and then elaborate later when I have more time on ideas, opinions, etc.

I started a Theater company!!!!!!!! It already has 50 members!!! Now I just have to draft a constitution so we have something to talk about next week at our Constitution revising meeting!! Blog for Spectrum, our awesome new group, coming soon!!!

My back is still doing a lot better! I still have a lot of trouble with the pain some days and now that the pain comes and goes, it is clear that my posture when sitting for long periods (ie classes and plays) is what aggravates the injury. I know that having good posture just seems like common sense to some people, and I have always thought I had better posture than most, but the kind of detailed posture work I am doing now is amazing and I have never thought about it this much. I sit in classes and performances now squeezing my shoulder blades together over and over so that I don't slump them forward or jut out my head. It is the only way to stave off the pain. On Monday, my PT did something really cool though! She taped my shoulders back into the correct position! She used this heavy duty medical tape and put a "V" type shap on either shoulder, coming to a point at the shoulder blade. If I started to pull the shoulders up and forward, the tape would be a little uncomfortable, reminding my muscles to pull down and back. It was amazing.

Next news - my dad is visiting for Thanksgiving! We are going to have a great time and I just wish I had more people to feed because there is so much i want to cook! It is a good thing Erica and I have such a big freezer because I'll probably have to freeze half of everything I make (like cranberry bread, pies, etc). I'm also looking forward to ending a few of my classes after next week (except for the finals/papers) because sometimes the quarter system is a little long. For example, I am getting really tired of taking about artificial insemination and in vitro fertilization and not relating it to religion like the class was advertized to do (Religion 379 - Feminism and Fertility).

I have registered for classes! Yay! Unfortunately the psychopathology class I REALLY REALLY REALLY wanted to take is already FULL!!! I am NINETEENTH on the WAITING LIST!!! It really upset me because it filled up during preregistration. I need this class for drama therapy grad schools and it is a prereq for Clinical Psych which is being offered in the spring. So I will just have to wait, I suppose. They are offering psychopathology spring quarter as well so I guess I'm stuck with it that quarter. The five classes I have registered for (because I am being ambitious this quarter) are: Acting (Shakespeare!), Children's Theater, Statistical Methods in Psych, "Buddhist, Hindu, and Jainist Ethics", and Beginning Painting Composition. I signed up for the last one on a whim because I was mad about Psychopathology. The class meets 1 hour for lecture and then 4 hours for lab/studio work in the afternoon so I think it will actually be a lot of fun and very relaxing. I also going to "P/N" that class which means "Pass/No pass" which means "Pass/Fail," but that is too harsh on people, using the word "fail."

1 Comments:

Blogger Lidarose said...

I'm so glad you are back! That's great that you are feeling better, and becoming more aware of posture in so many ways. Maybe you can teach me some of that in December when I see you.
I'm also glad you are going to take painting -- that will be fun, and like you say, relaxing, too.
I posted tonight, too, not knowing you were doing the same. I also put a link to your blog on my blog -- is that okay?
oh, by the way, I went looking for the Spectrum blog (i.e. clicked on title of your post) but couldn't find it. I'm going to bed; will check again tomorrow!
Love,
Mom

November 20, 2005 at 10:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home