Saturday, December 29, 2007

home at last!

So I haven't been home for even 24 hours yet but it has been an interesting 24 hours. Actually, that is over-exaggerating a lot. What happened was I got home after midnight last night because my plane was a half hour late arriving (although we left on time...) and because of the snow in Chicago earlier in the day, the baggage handlers were at least a half hour behind on getting the bags out. I had to wait an hour. As soon as I heard someone nearby say they had been waiting for 45 min for their bag, I just left the big stiffling hot crush around the three SouthWest baggage claims and sat down to read for a half hour. When my flight was finally posted, my bags didn't come out until after my flight was removed from the list at the baggage claim. Strange? Not really. Just extremely unorganized.

So I got home after midnight, slept some, when to Evanston for an appointment this morning, and came home and slept. So really it wasn't that interesting.

However, I started off my post by saying it was interesting because I wanted to mention the funny and annoying thing that happened to me while eating dinner. I was sitting at the kitchen table, eating my dinner, minding my own business, when my chair just breaks. I wasn't moving around on it or sitting strangely or anything. It just broke. One of the legs came completely off and I tumbled to the floor. Luckily all I have to show for it is some bruises and a slight head ache. The chair, however, is not going to make it.

I just felt like writing about this so you could also have the comedy movie image of someone silently eating dinner and then having the chair break in a comical, unexpected way. I think this made up for how uneventful the rest of my day has been :-)

Labels: , , ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Jenny said...

That IS funny in a when-it-happens-to-someone-else way. Thanks for sharing

December 30, 2007 at 3:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home