Wednesday, August 01, 2007

Rats, Fish, Crabs, and Snails OH MY!

I'm going to steal from a comment on one of my brother's posts about his rats to tell you about my sister's killer fishy named BLUE. (I thought Captain Norton or some other sadistic name would have been more fun but the names had been chosen... In any case, Joseph and Lorian's rats are very fun and are the center of many hilarious photos and amusing tales of grandeur, bravery, stupidity, and laziness. Well, the Jonathan/Frances FISH has entered the picture...

(For those of you who don't know, Fran and Jonathan have a small salt water fish tank at the end of the penisula in thier kitchen/living area. It is inhabited by Blue, the Damsel Fish (who happens to be male), Red the Hermit Crab, and two unnamed snails who like eating scum. Some people find the later three creatures more entertaining but I beg to differ!


Although the idea that their new fish is anywhere near as fun as the ratties by seem far fetched, this feisty new fish, Blue, tried to attack me today! I was just mostly minding my own business at the counter, chatting with Frances, and I looked to the left at Blue in his tank and he swam vicisiouly fast towards the side of the tank, directly at me - FIGHT MODE. He doesn't swim into the nose of danger like that for any small reason. This fish is a "shy" of strangers, I discovered. Of course he failed to do any damage to anything other than his nose (which probably hit the glass side of the tank) since I don't live in his tank but it was quite a scary moment for both of us. Later we had a little game of "chicken" with Frances' sewing scissors.... They remained outside the tank but let's just say Blue is a little jumpy... I'd say I won that one. I would have gone on but Frances finally yelled "STOP TORMENTING OUR POOR FISH!," this poor fish that tried very hard to attack me, even if it would have been impossible... Blue is my new best friend now and I think it is cute that he has an earlier bedtime than me...

Fishy stories. Yum.

3 Comments:

Blogger Lidarose said...

And here I thought that was going to be a post about dinner...

August 2, 2007 at 8:51 PM  
Blogger Jenny said...

I like Red! He's the best.

August 5, 2007 at 10:59 AM  
Blogger AnaliaRose said...

Red was stuck between a couple of rocks for most of my visit. Then they moved the tank and he got out. However, the next day he was back in the same spot he had previously been stuck in. Luckily Frances had shifted the rocks a bit so there is an escape route...

I'm rather partial to Speedy McSnail, one of the snails that was crawling all over the place one afternoon. I took the liberty of naming him/her but there is no way of telling which is which! Oh well...

August 8, 2007 at 10:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home