Sunday, February 10, 2008

Brrrr!

It is freaking cold outside! I got up earlier than usual for a Sunday morning in order to go down to St. C's to shadow the sacristan. When I left, the temperature was -1 degrees, -14 with windchill. I expected it to warm up this afternoon. Nope. It is now a "balmy" 2 degrees now, -19 degrees with windchill.

Now that I'm home, I think I'll just stay curled up in this nice warm corner of my bed with my heating pad and computer. Being outside is not fun. As I was walking to the bus this morning, I felt like I was walking around naked on a chilly spring morning. Only difference is that I had at least 3 layers on all over, gloves, scarf, and hat. Yeah, it's cold. The bus came pretty quickly going to St. C's but on the way back I had to wait for about 5-10minutes. It felt like a lot longer because my fingers were freezing despite the gloves. I suppose it is my faulty since I insisted on reading my book while waiting, forgoing the hands in pockets approach to staying warm.

But now I'm nice and cozy at home and no obligations to go anywhere the rest of the day! Hooray! This will keep me warm AND prevent any broken bones due to stupid people who let their portion of the sidewalk freeze over with two inches of ice! Anyways, hope the rest of you are nice and toasty in your warmer climes.

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home