Sunday, January 23, 2005

SNOW!!!

(Okay, before I get into the actual "snow" post, I just have to mention that the title of this entry was almost "SNOT!!!" because I mistyped...glad I caught that..."

SO! It snowed for about 36 hours here in the last couple days. It was awesome (when indoors and warm)! And actually, as I look out this morning, it is actually flurry-ing a little with some nice big flakes probably caused by the lake - yay lake-effect snow! I don't know what the official accumulation total is or anything because we already had some on the ground and the drifting caused by high winds makes it a little difficult to estimate. But I'd say somewhere between a foot and a foot and a half. The roads are still pretty bad and trudging to The Incredibles last night was fun since they hadn't cleared the pathway behind my dorm so we had to wade through 2-foot drifts. Fun!

Oh yeah, this reminds me. I've had an interesting week. The crappy thing that happened is I found out that the NC DMV hates me. They won't let me renew my driver's license by mail, like they will with some people. No, I have to go in person. So when I told them I wasn't going to be back in NC until probably OCTOBER, they politely suggested that I get an Illinois license. So that is the new plan, since I'd like to have a valid form of identification over the summer, and being able to drive would be a plus... Now I just have to find someone with a car who is willing to drive me to the DMV and let me use their car for a driving test. But I realized yesterday I may have to wait until the spring....I've never driven on snow before...Oops... It'll work out somehow, I know.

In other news, the show I'm stage managing in the spring has a website! Go check it out! Well right now all it has is a cast list but there should be more exciting stuff up later. http://shelovesme.cjb.net

Okay, I'm going to go curl up in bed again and read fun books until the guilt of not working on my Mysticism paper overcomes me and I actually do something productive.

Laters!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home