Sunday, June 26, 2005

An excerpt from Tom Cruise on crack

  • MATT LAUER: Do you want more people to understand Scientology? Is that-- would that be a goal of yours? TOM CRUISE: You know what? I-- absolutely. Of course, you know. And people--
  • MATT LAUER: How do you go about that?
  • TOM CRUISE: You just communicate about it. And the important thing is, like you and I talk about it, whether it's-- okay, if I wanna know something, I go and find out. /Because I don't talk about things that I don't understand. I'll say, you know what? I'm not so sure about that. I'll go find more information about it so I can-- I can come to an opinion based on-- on the information that I have.
  • MATT LAUER: You-- you're so passionate about it. And I'm--
  • TOM CRUISE: I'm passionate about learning. I'm passionate about life, Matt.

The above is the end of the interview from the Today show which can be found on http://www.drudgereport.com/flash3tc.htm

After Oprah I thought "well, its good publicity but it probably won't hurt his career." Now I'm thinking it might hurt his career because he is a maniac. He could use some "anti-psychotic" drugs. Or the alternate treatments he hints at but never talks about!

Here's what blows my mind about his "arguments"

  1. He talks about reading scientific articles about the issues of psychiatry and drugs etc. But he has not taken the time to site his sources, probably because they are unreliable and not based on actual science. There are tests for how much Ritalin to prescribe, just as there are tests for how much antidepressants to describe. Although these tests are not BLOOD tests, they are scientific tests of OBSERVATION which are a completely legitimate form of science based on many case studies with good controls and scientific methods.
  2. He knows the history of psychiatry? What does he think all of the doctors who are certified psychiatrists have been studying? Most likely the history and the SCIENCE of psychiatry in more depth than Tom Cruise the multimillionaire actor has time to comprehend!!!
  3. He has problems with Matt Lauer bringing up his personal opinion and observations, criticizing him for using the Today Show to promote his opinion. Well then what is Tom Cruise doing?
  4. Okay, he says that even though the drugs helped Brooke Shields and others, it is masking the true issue which Matt would know if he knew this history of psychiatry. SO WHAT IS THAT TRUE ISSUE IT IS MASKING, TOM?!??? YOU KEEP TALKING ABOUT PEOPLE BEING WRONG WITHOUT TRYING TO TELL US WHAT IS RIGHT!!!!
  5. Okay, so #4 is a little angry. I'll try to be calm. This is the last thing I will bitch about and you will all leave comments supporting me about how Tom Cruise must go away and never make any more movies or public statements because he's an ignorant, pompous...fool... He says he wants to educate people about Sciencetology and that he's passionate about it. Yet in this whole issue, I have only heard him tell other people that what they believe is wrong and that he is right. That is not educating people on his "religion" or whatever it is. I think I would be willing to actually listen to the maniac if he decided to explain his viewpoint instead of completely ineloquently trample on other people's personal choices and lifetimes of intense medical study.
  6. I know I said the last one was the last but if you read the transcript, do you notice how many times he says the word "Matt" and speaks in completely incoherent sentences? Sorry. Could not let that go.

Well, that's all for tonight. I was going to speechify on movies i saw yesterday including Mr. and Mrs. Smith and Elektra but I'll leave that for another day. Leave comments! Yay!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well, it'll certainly be hard for me to go see War of the Worlds now.
Unless he explodes.

June 26, 2005 at 10:00 PM  
Blogger willowlaughter said...

well, I was going to actually post a comment, but now I'm so busy laughing at Zev's very excellent comment that I think I will have to write an actual comment to your post later. I'm thoroughly amused - *grin*

June 27, 2005 at 10:26 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home