Tuesday, May 31, 2005

great day!

I'm now done with two of my three classes of the quarter! All I have left is a final group performance for Performance of Narrative Fiction and a 20-page script adaptation for that class as well. I had my final acting scene performance this morning and it went really well. Somehow Steph and I have figured out how to relax on stage even though the scene was extremely heartwrenching! It was actually enjoyable which is something I haven't felt in a long time about acting.

So I'll be on a plane to California in less than a week for my brother's wedding! Its kinda scary how fast the end of the quarter got here.

Okay, need something interesting to fill the post with. Hmm. Oh yeah! I get the NYTimes headlines delivered to my email every morning and this morning there was the first headline I've seen in several weeks about Pope Benedict. He apparently just made his first ultra political move by backing the Italian bishops who hope to shut out a referendum which would lighten the harsh laws governing fertility. I'm really interested in this story for two reasons. First is the fact that Italy is extremely Catholic and as a Catholic myself, it is interesting to see what happens in their government, especially with this new pope. The second reason is the matter of fertility in the first place. I'm taking a class called Feminism and Fertility in the religion department in the fall because there is an obvious connection between women's rights and accessability to fertility drugs and treatements. I'm really not sure where I stand on these issues yet but I hope to figure it out more in the coming months. And its always fun to have stories to follow.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home