Tuesday, July 05, 2005

I'm sorry

Oh dear blog friends. I apologize for not posting ANYTHING of interest in the last couple days. I think that my long string of ranting posts got the most of me and now I am ranted out for a little bit. I am about halfway through reading the Laura Mulvey article and it is really interesting how much more I appreciate it then when Jacob made us read it the first time.

Movie update - haven't really seen any new ones. Well, I did see House of Sand and Fog. I didn't like it. It was just too depressing. Too many people died. And the character development was kinda week. Except for the sheriff's deputy guy because I definately grew to hate him more as the movie went on. Jennifer Connelly's character was somewhat interesting - I liked the exploration of depression and the need for support - but the story wasn't strong enough, I felt, to really expand on her character and help us learn something about her personnally.

So, it's July 5th and I'm still surviving in the Chicago summer. Chicagoans do not have a clear conception of heat and humidity from what I can tell. Yes, I have been caught complaining about the heat a few times but that is only because we do not have AC and I always follow up my whining by a submission that the humidity is not half as bad as it is in Charlotte.

So, I had an okay July 4th but honestly, it made me really homesick. It's the first 4th of July I have not spent with my family, in particular my dad. But I had fun going to see the E-town fireworks by the lake. My SM professor, Barbara, had told me where she sits every year with her husband and their daughter Kate so I found them and had a great time listening to the fireworks commentary of the five-year-old Kate. I miss being five. It seems like such a great age (for the kid at least).

Well, I'm going to go to bed now. I have another long day at work ahead of me. With rehearsals starting in less than a week, it is time to get all that wonderful (and honestly, no sarcasm there) paperwork done.

More rants soon, I promise!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home