Tuesday, July 12, 2005

urg

So it's going to be a tough week, I've already realized that much. I just got home about an hour ago after being gone since shortly before 10am, over 12 hours ago. First Merry Widow rehearsal tonight. It went well. But I was pretty bored because they are just learning music so there is not much for the SM team to do. The ensemble sounds great though so I'm looking forward to seeing what Rudy does with the staging.

I start my new job at BEHIV tomorrow. Full day of that. Then I have the rehearsal for the "Pirates of Penzance Sing-A-Long" Yes, my friends, you read that correctly. It's a sing-a-long. And I am the "stage manager" which basically means I go to the one rehearsal and make sure the crazy directors give the professional Equity actors enough breaks and then I go the performance and just hang out in case they need some troubleshooting. So I'll be tied up doing that the next two evenings but at least that is in Evanston.

I wish I had more energy to write about the weekend. I saw a fun production of Into the Woods at the outdoor summer theater in Wilmette. I also went to Theology on Tap last night and heard an "interesting" talk about Catholic interpretation of the Bible. Most of that talk was more "The Bible for biblical Dummies, aka Catholics" but there was some interesting stuff after that, once we had been taught where to find the story of David and Goliath.

Hopefully I'll have more time to discuss those things later cause I, of course, have a lot to say.

But I'm falling asleep typing now.

And have to be at my new job at 9am. Ugh.

Goodnight, y'all!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home