Thursday, August 04, 2005

anger warning!

Today was surprising. I had a better day when I was doing data entry at BEHIV than I did after I got off work and eventually went to rehearsal.

I'm going to make this short and sweet: USBank has the worst customer "service" of any bank or actually, any store, church, organization, institution, etc etc that I have come across. They can go to that not so lovely place that does NOT have the harping angels and fluffy white clouds.

Secondly, I will try to "back off" in rehearsals and let my inner bitch go into hiding. But I will not be happy to sit by quietly and let someone's insecurity and ineptitude ruin a show I am starting to love. If someone needs to yell "quiet" and half an hour later it is still noisy and obnoxious, I will yell it at the top of my lungs, no matter whose "laid back" sensibilities I offend. (Basically my SM told me tonight that I was undermining her authority by telling the cast to be quiet, giving them notes before she gave her announcements, and basically, doing what I am there to do... I wouldn't have to tell the cast that "hold means STOP" if she had yelled "hold" loud enough for anyone more than 2 feet away to hear (especially after the third time she yelled it...))

Someone told me a long time ago, jokingly, that I was too smart for my own good. I never really understood how that worked out but I'm beginning to see it now. Barbara, the SM prof queen, taught her SMs so well that we know too much for our own good. She trained us not to take mediocrity as an answer but unfortunately, that's all most of the world is willing to work for. As a result, I get yelled at.

Oh yeah, and I'm less than a hundred pages from the end of Harry Potter 6. I'm going to go finish it now while I'm already close to sobbing some more and then I can just cry myself to sleep, which will hopefully make me forget how damn hot it is in this apartment!

Goodnight and happy AC to all.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home