Wednesday, August 03, 2005

grumble grumble grumble

So I was doing some email crap tonight and I honestly convinced myself for about 20 minutes that tonight was next Sunday night and we had already had all four rehearsals this week. But I puzzled over it for awhile, trying to fill in those two rehearsals that have not actually happened and I figured it out eventually.

So this is all to say that it's been a looooong week. I had a good day at BEHIV today though. Brad, the director, got me to help him organize his files and I had FUN doing it! They can't understand over there that organizing random stuff thrills me in a strange way, at least when I'm in SM mode. So I did more organizing and filing. I also talked to someone who was VERY enthusiastic about joining team BEHIV for the Chicago AIDS Run/Walk (btw, let me know if you are interested in participating. It's Sept 17 and I can get you more info and a registration form).

The best part of work today, though, was getting a 45 minute full body massage. My body is still feeling relaxed from that. To explain, BEHIV provides massage therapy to clients and when they cancel or don't show up, the massage therapist grabs staff members and gives them massages. Its a really nice reward for the not so intriguing work I do for them. I am definately enjoying this job more though. I'm getting to know the staff and some of the clients and I am going to actually miss them when I leave in a month! I'm going to try to volunteer for them though. I'll find a way to stay involved.

Other than that, its been a relaxed Wednesday. I went to see Charlie and the Chocolate Factory with Aaron tonight which was fun. We had a good time and laughed A LOT. My favorite part was a little good old-fashioned slapstick by the wonderful Johnny Depp.

Now I"m just trying not to bake in this horribly hot apartment while watching the latest episode of my current favorite show, The 4400. I fell asleep while trying to watch it on Sunday night because my family wore me out. Hopefully the massage didn't relax me so much I'll fall asleep again tonight... Oh well!

Hope everyone is having a great summer and staying cooler than I am! Really the best part of the movie was, sadly, being inside with AC for awhile. That's how bad it is at the moment because the movie was great too!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home