Friday, March 31, 2006

THE PINK LINE!!! YAY!!!

So, I went to San Francisco last week and have some thoughts but first, there is a Chicago Tribune article you have to read. It made my day when I opened my door, looked down, and saw this front page article. Erica was walking out with me and I read it to her all the way down the elevator. Then I made sure everyone I talked to today knew about it. Go to: http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/nationworld/chi-0603310163mar31,1,2707613.story. If that link doesn't work, got to www.chicagotribune.com and search for the article entitled "It's Pink!" You won't regret taking time to read this. It's fun!

Okay, so San Francisco. I opted to go visit my sister and her fiance for Spring Break instead of going to New Orleans again, as I mentioned in the last post I think. I had a wonderful time and it was extremely relaxing. We spent a little time in the city and I have come to a major conclusion about my life. I am very easily inspired and I love way too many cities! The inspiration thing was proved even more this week as I returned to classes. I had signed up for 5 classes and planned on dropping either "Women and Religion" or "Playwriting: Finding the Writer's Voice." Well, I went to the religion class Monday and fell in love with it. I was going to drop until I went to class. So that left playwriting. I was going to tough it out. But by Thursday, the day the class meets, I was stressed and distressed. I decided to drop playwriting before even going to class. My sister wisely said "I would usually tell you to go to the class before dropping it but knowing you, you would go and find something in it to be passionate about and would convince yourself you could handle it." She knows me well. In any case, that is just one example of how easily I am inspired.

The inspiration thing and the city thing directly relate. I love San Francisco. I am extremely happy that I will be able to live and work there all summer (more summer job news coming soon...). It is a magical place full of history. It also has A LOT of problems. But when I was there, I could not imagine living anywhere else! But that is what happened when I moved to Chicago... And again what I thought visiting New Orleans, even in the aftermath of Hurricane Katrina. All these cities are important to me and inspire me in some way. So now I'm just stuck with figuring out what to do with that inspiration since there is not really a possibility that those three cities will somehow merge somewhere in the middle, retaining all the big bodies of water, so that I can live in three places at once.

I think I'll leave the discussion there. Yay! Go read the Pink article!

1 Comments:

Blogger wideyed said...

"stressed and distressed"
...good line.

April 8, 2006 at 3:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home