Tuesday, May 17, 2005

So its been awhile.


A little thing called She Loves Me happened. It consumed my life in both good and bad ways. But now its over and I have my "life" back. However, that means way too much time to worry about important things like "the future" and "the summer."

I had a talk with my stage management mentor today and she wants me to work on figuring out what I really want to do when I leave Northwestern. Because after graduating, it won't be so easy to cross back and forth between directing and stage managing. Not that it has been easy here or anything. I petitioned four student theater groups to direct and I was rejected by all of them. Apparently one learns more about directing by being in a show than by running the show as a stage manager because basically all the people who get spots are actor/directors, not stage manager/directors. So I'm going to have to do something different like just try to put up a show outside of any of the groups. Its been done before.

In other news, my sister is engaged now! Yay! She called me during the final show of SLM which made me happy for the rest of the show. So it looks like I will be "three times a bridesmaid" soon. Let's hope that saying isn't really true.

So, two more weeks of classes, on final exam, one final acting performance, one group performance, and a narrative adaptation and then its off to CA for my brother's wedding! Hooray! Then I'm coming back to the great E-town to spend the summer interning at a local light opera company. I'll be living with a dear friend of mine, Cynthia, in a really small appt. but everyone is welcome to come visit us! We'll find room!

I noticed I haven't posted in awhile so I thought I'd update something else. I'm no longer living with Phil, Carla, and Jaime next year. That fell through and instead I am living with the beautiful and all around dream of a friend, Erica! It will just be the two of us and I must say, our place is going to amazing! Lake view and balcony and a real kitchen! Hooray!

That's all I've got time for now. Must go clean before my incredibly sweet roomie gets sick of the mess!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home