Tuesday, May 24, 2005

depression

I am pretty open about the fact that I suffer from depression. And I found a really great site with information and there was a letter to the Editor which really struck me as important. I've been doing research and statistics show that 1 in 5 people will be depressed at least once in their life and I think the other number was something like 1 in 15 people are clinically depressed (found on the Wings of Madness website - www.wingsofmadness.com - I think the statistics are for the US). However, there is a huge stigma about both being diagnosed with depression or being treated in any way, psychotherapy and/or drugs. I know that I have had those moments of anger when people make fun of mental illness which is why I really liked the letter I found. If you're interested in reading this letter, go to the link below.

More happy posts later! Yay for recovery!!

http://www.wingofmadness.com/articles/darren.htm

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home