Wednesday, July 04, 2007

Sad news...

I was going to write a long post but I'm no longer in the mood. I don't have internet at my new place for complicated reasons so I'm sitting at Barnes and Noble on the computer, finally downloading my email from the last several days. Although I can check my email on my roommates computer, I somehow missed an important email from Sheil. A recent graduate (class of '05 I think) was killed in a freak accident during a bike race on Saturday. She was the Chair of the Steering Council at Sheil the first year I was a member. I remember her really well because of her friendly, cheerful attitude towards life. We hadn't kept in touch or anything but hearing about her death was still a hard blow, especially the gruesome and unexpected nature. I've included a link to the article about her death. I wish I had been at Sheil last week when she came by to say hello because I always enjoyed talking with her when she came back to visit. It was hard to look at her facebook profile because the last two status reports were as follows (these are little phrases a facebook user updates herself): June 28th - "Beth is alive" and June 29th - "Beth is ready to return on Sunday a STATE CHAMPION." In any case, she is alive in our memories and she will be missed.

Sorry for such a dreary post on July 4th but I can't really concentrate on other things at the moment. I'll be back in a day or two with some more fun updates.

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

Blogger willowlaughter said...

I'm so sorry to hear such a tragic story - I'll be thinking of you and praying for her and her family and friends.

Love you :-)

July 4, 2007 at 10:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home